How can I get the latest page content for the Series 5 user files?
Upgrading the software on a Series 5 device does not provide the latest page content. If you would like the most recent page content for your user files, you can download the updated user files from the DynaVox website.
EyeMax, Maestro, V/Vmax, V/Vmax+
6390 | Published:
5/4/2012 | Last
How to download the latest User files from the DynaVox
Internet browser, either on your device or on a computer.
- Go to the DynaVox website: www.dynavoxtech.com
- Choose the Support & Downloads tab at the
top of the page
- Choose Software Updates & Downloads
- In the “Select a product” menu, click on the
arrow, and choose your product (V/Vmax, Maestro, etc.)
- In the “Select a category” menu, click on the
arrow and choose User Files
- Click on the yellow “Find It” button
- You will see a list of user files, which will
contain the most recent page content available.
Find the user file that you would like to download, and click on it.
- In the next screen, you will see a yellow button
on the right. If you are already logged
in to our website with your username and password, the yellow button will simply
say Download. Click on that button and
save the file (as opposed to opening the file).
Make note of the location of the saved file, so you can copy it to a
flash drive if necessary.
- If you are not logged in, it will say “Log
in to Download”. Clicking on the button will take you to a
screen that will allow you to log in to our website. If you have never logged in before, you will
have the opportunity to register – which is necessary in order to download
files from our website. Click on the
link that says Not a member? Click
here to register. The registration
process will only take a few minutes.
Once you are registered and logged in, you will be taken back to the
screen where you can click on the yellow Download button, and download the file
(see step 9).
- Once you have
downloaded the file, you can either copy it to a flash drive and import the
user file to your device, or just import the file (If you are on the device
- See here for instructions on importing a User file.
- Once you have imported the user file to your
device, you can change users, and view the newer content.