New Stylish, Handheld Communication Devices Available: Palmtop3 and iChat3 Combine Effective Communication with Extreme Portability
PITTSBURGH, PA – JUNE 18, 2007 - DynaVox Technologies today announced the release of the Palmtop3 and iChat3 Impact communication devices. Small and exceptionally portable, the Palmtop3 and iChat3 give individuals with significant speech, language and learning disabilities the tools needed to communicate quickly and easily in virtually any environment.
The stylish, attractive case features a lightweight, ergonomic design that makes it easy to carry and use, and innovative placement of a powerful speaker that ensures messages are heard loudly and clearly. Additional features include:
- InterAACT Mobile, a language framework that offers 1,060 new pages for the Child, Teen, and Young Adult life stages. The adult communication content originally introduced on the Palmtop2G and iChat2G products is also included. Throughout these pages, context for communication is provided to initiate a clear setting for the desired topic. Quickfires, my phrases, keyboards and dictionaries are also incorporated in these pages.
- A full library of Picture Communication Symbols™ by Mayer-Johnson featuring more than 8800 symbols, including the 2004 and 2006 addendums. Specialized black and white symbols along with sign language symbols are available on the included CD.
- Rate enhancement tools such as word prediction, character prediction, abbreviation expansion, auto-capitalization, auto-spacing and auto-learn new words. Built-in hardware buttons can be programmed to meet an individual’s unique needs or provide shortcuts for common functions.
- Free Windows-based PC Editing software and Sync Cable to connect with a computer. This allows users and caregivers to quickly and easily generate novel and customized content for the device.
- DynaCare worry-free warranty coverage for one year from the date of shipment.
- 5 new Acapela adult and child voices.
- Ability to hold over 500 minutes of digitized speech and sound.
- Free access to DynaVox Technologies funding, training and technical support services.
The Palmtop3 also features powerful Impact communication software for those who are literate or expect to obtain literacy. The iChat3 is an ideal solution for individuals who rely upon symbols to communicate and does not contain the full set of dictionaries or word prediction features of the Palmtop3. Both devices are available as dedicated communication devices, or with an open architecture that allows the use of compatible third-party applications and capabilities including Internet access. The iChat3 is also available as a bilingual Spanish/English device.
About DynaVox Technologies
DynaVox Systems pioneers speech communication technology, giving an opportunity for a better life to the millions of adults and children around the world challenged by significant speech, language and learning disabilities caused by conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease), stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s Disease, autism and mental retardation. Driving by a strong entrepreneurial culture, the company applies proprietary and third-party technologies, and applied research efforts to deliver a broad range of speech communication hardware and software tools, and offers an extensive customer support program, which enables individuals and their families to access the latest technology and reimbursement counsel regarding the company’s suite of products. For more information about DynaVox, visit www.dynavoxtech.com.