DYNAVOX RELEASES MIGHTYMO & MINIMO SOFTWARE VERSION 1.04: Software Enhancements Make Communication and Support Easier
PITTSBURGH, PA – MAY 31, 2007 - DynaVox Technologies today announced a software update for the company’s popular MightyMo and MiniMo digitized speech-output devices that give individuals challenged by significant speech, language and learning disabilities a means to express themselves. Software version 1.04 provides several enhancements and improvements that make supporting the devices easier, and allow some users to more effectively and efficiently make vocabulary selections.
"At DynaVox, we measure our success by the success of our customers. That means we spend a lot of time listening to our customers to find out what they like about our products and what they might want to have changed," said Bob Butcher, MightyMo and MiniMo product manager. "Software version 1.04 and the enhanced functionality it provides are the direct results of customer input and our desire to ensure that every customer receives the products and support needed to meet his or her immediate and long-term needs."
Important enhancements and improvements included with this maintenance release include:
- The audio recording process now gives users more control over when recordings begin and end.
- Some selection methods such as scanning and mouse pause have been improved to provide better information and feedback to users. Menus and the Title Bar have been revamped and are now more feature rich, intuitive and easier to use.
- Issues associated with application files, print operations, page creation and modification, and page links within imported pages have been streamlined to function more smoothly and reduce the risk of freezing.
- System maintenance now includes the ability to cancel the operation and delete unwanted symbols from the user symbol set.
- The backup procedure will now incorporate other user-created data files such as images, user symbol data, and user recordings, and also checks the USB fob or Compact Flash card for adequate available space before performing specified operations.
Visit www.dynavoxtech.com to view the complete listing of improvements and enhancements that are included with this release. Software version 1.04 is provided free-of-charge to all MightyMo and MiniMo customers and can be downloaded from DynaVox Technologies’ Knowledge Base. Just visit www.dynavoxtech.com, and select 24/7 Tech Support at the top of the page to access the download file. Customers without Internet access should contact DynaVox Technologies’ Technical Support Team at 1-800-344-1778 to request a CD-ROM. All new MightyMo and MiniMo products purchased after May 31, 2007 will include software version 1.04.
About DynaVox Technologies
DynaVox Systems pioneers speech communication technology, giving an opportunity for a better life to the millions of adults and children around the world challenged by significant speech, language and learning disabilities caused by conditions such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease), stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s Disease, autism and mental retardation. Driving by a strong entrepreneurial culture, the company applies proprietary and third-party technologies, and applied research efforts to deliver a broad range of speech communication hardware and software tools, and offers an extensive customer support program, which enables individuals and their families to access the latest technology and reimbursement counsel regarding the company’s suite of products. For more information about DynaVox, visit www.dynavoxtech.com.